Taste of Atlanta’s 4th Annual Best Sommelier Competition
In association with Southeastern Sommelier Society
- When:Monday, Sept 24, 2018
6:30 to 9:00pm
- Where:City Winery Atlanta
650 North Avenue NE #201, Atlanta
- Tickets:$50. Purchase here »
BONUS ticket to Taste of Atlanta with purchase!
Sunday General admission ticket included with price of Best Somm ticket. Value $32
Receive a Sunday General Admission ticket to Taste of Atlanta when you purchase a ticket to the Best Somm Competition – Value $32.00. Taste of Atlanta ticket(s) to be retrieved at Best Somm Competition Monday, September 24th, 2018 at City Winery.
Join Taste of Atlanta for your chance to enjoy food and wine tastings. Watch and learn from five Atlanta Sommeliers as they compete for the title of Atlanta’s Best Sommelier. The competition, held at City Winery, will highlight three categories: wine service, blind tasting and theory. The evening promises to be both entertaining and educational.
The winner will be named by an elite panel of judges including:
- MC: Eric Crane, Empire Distributors
- Head Judge: Phillip Burrus, Southeastern Sommelier Society
- Judge: Jacob Gragg, Banfi Vintners
- Judge: Gil Kulers, Piedmont Driving Club
- Judge: Adam Pucillo, Del Frisco’s Double Eagle & 2017 Winner
- Floor Judge: Clarke Anderson, Ford Fry Restaurant Group
- Floor Judge: Kacey Jane Ivey, Quality Wine & Spirits
The Southeastern Sommelier Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit, member run organization. We are founded with the goal of supporting wine professionals in the southeastern United States via educational scholarships, enrichment trips and educational seminars. In an increasingly competitive environment we strive to build a community of like-minded wine professionals working to the betterment of each other. More information can be found at www.SommSouth.org